COLUMBIA MEMORIAL AUXILIARY MAKES A DIFFERENCE
The mission of Columbia Memorial Health is to provide our communities with high quality, comprehensive health care in a dignified and compassionate environment. The Hospital Auxiliary is an integral, voluntary association which provides organized services to assist in reaching that mission.
ABOUT THE AUXILIARY TEAM
CMH Auxilians experience a special sense of satisfaction from assisting others and they take pride in belonging to an organization that is held in high esteem by the community. Beyond performing a valuable community service, Auxilians develop new skills, learn more about health care, meet new people, and experience a sense of accomplishment.
- Trusted members of the CMH health care team who scrupulously safeguard the confidentiality of patients and CMH personnel.
- Valuable resources for the hospital for determining community needs and concerns.
- Organizers capable of initiating and carrying out community-oriented projects.
- Community leaders in supporting CMH interests where legislative issues are concerned.
- Volunteer who believe staying active leads to healthier and happier lives.
CMH AUXILIARY MEMBERSHIP CATEGORIES
Simply call the Auxiliary Office at 518.828.8028 or send an e-mail to email@example.com to initiate the application process. Please include your name, address and telephone number.
Then, you will be asked to complete a membership application form. If you select active involvement, an interview will be scheduled to discuss your service interests.
If your service preferences involves activity in the hospital or another CMH facility, the following steps will be taken:
- A health assessment will be scheduled, which will include a physical examination (unless you can provide proof that you received a physical examination within the last 6 months), a blood test, and a PPD test to check for TB.
- Attendance at an orientation class will be scheduled and on-the-job training will be provided.
PROUD TRADITION OF VOLUNTEERISM
Membership in the CMH Auxiliary is open to anyone who is interested in its proud tradition of volunteer service on behalf of Columbia Memorial Health.
Gentlemen, we would like you to know that the Auxiliary is no longer for ladies only. For a number of years, men have been making a significant contribution within our organization.
Event planning: Help organize auxiliary events to benefit CMH.
Fundraising: Assist the auxiliary and the hospital’s foundation with various projects.
Information desk: Provide information, make deliveries to patients and perform clerical duties.
Surgical services: Serve as a liaison between families of patients and Operating Room staff, transport patients, and perform clerical tasks.
Patient registration: Register patients and direct them to their treatment areas.
Thrift Shop: Serve as a sales person at The Second Show, a resale shop which is the joint venture of Columbia Memorial Health, its auxiliary, and Operation Unite, NY.
Baking: Prepare home-baked items for bake sales and other Auxiliary events.